A Chronology of Various Activities and Events of ESSAH
- Puja Function(2017): A building located at Hengrabari Housing Colony Road, Dispur was taken or rent. The members furnished and decorated the building from their own monthly subscriptions and one-time contributions. The inaugural function (Puja) of ESSAH Centre took place on the 15th of October, 2017.
- World Disabled Day Celebration(2017): On the occasion of World Disabled Day on 3rd December, 2017, a visit was arranged for the children of ESSAH to Regional Science Centre, Khanapara. The children who were able to attend, gathered there accompanied by their parents. They toured the various halls and shows under the guidance of the parents and really enjoyed the trip.
- Seminar on Occupation Therapy(2017): On the 18th and 19th of December, 2017,Dr, Rabindra Singh, Occupational Therapist from Bagga Occupational Therapy Centre, New Delhi visited ESSAH and performed a seminar on Occupational Therapy for the benefit of the specially abled children and their parents. Occupational Therapy sessions were also organized during the two days.
- New Year Celebration(2018): New Year (2018) was celebrated in ESSAH. Food and entertainment activities were arranged for the children.
- Inaugural Function(2017): The school for inclusive education under ESSAH, under the name “ESSAH KIDS” was established on the 3rd of March, 2018. The chief guests who graced the occasion of the inaugural function included Smti Archana Mahanta, Singer and Dr. Pranab Kalpa Hazarika, Occupational Therapist. KGMT Hospital.
- Annual Sports(2018): The Annual Sports Day of ESSAH was celebrated on the 27th of May, 2018. The occasion was celebrated at Khanapara Veterinary Field. The children accompanied by their parents attended the occasion. Various physical exercises and sporting activities were arranged for them under the guidance of the sports teacher of ESSAH. Refreshments were provided at the end. All the children enjoyed the occasion a lot.
- Annual Day(2018): The Annual Day of ESSAH was celebrated on the 21st of July, 2018. The renowned personalities who graced the occasion as chief guests included Shri Nandan PratimSarmahBordoloi, Editor-in Chief, News Live and Smti Chetana Das, Actress.
- Teachers Training Cum Seminar(2018): On the 24th and 25th August, 2018, 3 (three) nominated members who were teachers/parents of special children attended a training-cum-seminar meant for the teachers/parents of special children, at Regional Science Centre, Khanapara.
- Teachers Day(2018): Teachers’ Day was celebrated in the premises of ESSAH on the 5th of September, 2018. Teachers, children and parents gathered on the occasion and the celebration was made in a befitting manner.
- Vocational Unit Establishment(2018): A Vocational Unit (Bakery Unit) for the Adult Learning Unit was established on the 4th of November, 2018. Various noted personalities were present on the occasion. They were:
Chief Guest: Shri Satyendra Deuri, Deputy Director, Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Assam
i) Dr. Mythili Hazarika, Psychologist, GMCH
ii) Dr. Nibedita Goswami, Neo-natal Paediatrician, KGMT Hospital
iii) Sunil Kumar Ram, HOD & Occupational Therapist, Composite Regional Centre
iv) Dr. Bimal Kumar Kalita, Speech Therapist, NIPCCD
v) Dr. Pranab Kalpa Hazarika, Occupational Therapist, KGMT Hospital
A large number of guests including the parents and relatives of the children assembled on the occasion. Enlightening speeches were made by the above noted personalities. Children of ESSAH sang a few songs and lamps created and decorated by the children were displayed and distributed among the assembled guests. Lunch refreshments were provided at the end.li
- World Disabled Day(2018): World Disabled Day was celebrated on the 3rd of December, 2018 in a befitting manner.
- Jingle Mingle Celebration at Don Bosco Guwahati(2018): Don Bosco Alumni were kind enough to invite ESSAH to their Pre-Christmes Jingle Mingle at Don Bosco, Pan Bazaron the 22nd of December, 2018. The special children of ESSAH accompanied by their parents attended the occasion. They took part in the various games and entertainment activities. The hosts entertained the invitees perfectly. All the children really had a great time.
- Pre-Christmas Celebration(2018): Pre-Christmas was celebrated in the ESSAH premises on the 24th of December, 2018. There were songs, dancing, music and lots of enjoyment for the children. Refreshments were provided at the end.
- New Year(2019): New Year (2019) was celebrated in the ESSAH premises in an appropriate manner with lots of fun, music, dancing and entertainment for the children.